According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the number of automobile accidents increased in 2012, after six consecutive years of decline. According to recent reports, in 2012, there were an estimated 9,754,000 vehicles involved in police-reported traffic crashes, 96 percent of which were passenger vehicles. Moreover, there were 45,586 vehicles involved in fatal crashes. This means that an average of 120 people die in automobile accidents every single day.
When the driver of a motor does not follow the rules of the road, and an accident causes injury or death, the driver, and potentially the driver’s employer, is required to pay for the harms and losses caused by the negligence. This includes hospital bills, physical therapy bills, chiropractic bills, lost income, and fair compensation for pain and suffering. Injuries sustained in a car accident can range from whiplash to broken bones, ligament/ muscle injuries, and even debilitating spinal injuries and/or death. Oftentimes, it can be difficult to get an insurance company to cover the car you need.
Being in an accident has a life-changing impact on victims. Depending on the severity of the accident, injuries can interfere with a victim’s ability to work, enjoy recreational activities, and simply live a normal life. Our attorneys understand the negative effects an accident can have. We take great pride in helping victims of personal injury in their fight to recover after an accident. When faced with the legal complexities of a personal injury claim, it is important that victims do not fall prey to an unsympathetic insurance company.
Causes of Car Accidents
Some of the leading causes of traffic accidents in Denver include:
- Negligent Driving: Colorado law requires drivers to be careful when driving. In determining whether a driver was careful, the law compares the driver’s conduct with that of a “reasonable person.” The law asks how a reasonable person would have behaved in similar circumstances. If the driver’s behavior falls short, the tortfeasor will be found to be negligent.
- Distracted Driving: Drivers have a legal duty to be alert and to maintain a careful looking for other vehicles when driving. Drivers are expected to see the things that ordinary, prudent people would see. Forms of distracted driving include text messaging, using a mobile device, eating, putting on makeup, and even changing the radio dial. Distracted driving is very dangerous.
- Drunk Driving: According to reports published by the NFTSA, nearly 11,000 individuals are killed in accident caused by drunk drivers on the road each year.
- Defective Automobiles: Auto defects including airbags, brakes, and tires result in thousands of car accidents each year. Victims of injuries caused by defective auto parts are entitled to file a product liability lawsuit against auto manufacturers.
- Poorly Maintained Roads: Uneven pavement and potholes can cause deadly crashes and life-threatening injuries to motorists. Other threats include foreign obstacles or substances on the road surface. These can cause drivers to swerve or over-correct their vehicle as they try to regain control.
- Speeding: Driving at speeds exceeding safe conditions based on the weather, road conditions, traffic, or the speed of other motorists frequently causes Denver car crashes.
Though the consequences are not always severe, a motor vehicle collision has the capacity to inflict devastating trauma on those involved. If you have been injured because someone else was careless or negligent, you may have a right to receive financial compensation for the damages you have suffered. Obtaining fair compensation for damages, unfortunately, is not an easy process.
Car Accident Resources
Denver Car Accident Attorneys
Proving negligence in a personal injury case can be very complex. It takes an investment of time, experience, and resources. Time is a critical factors in any car accident claim. It is possible that evidence may be lost, witnesses may disappear, the statute of limitations will pass, and memories will fade. The smallest mistake can cost you. Our attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Our goal is to recover the maximum compensation for you. You owe no attorney’s fees unless we win for you.
When you retain Bowman & Chamberlain, LLC, our Denver car accident attorneys immediately investigate your accident. We go to traffic court on your behalf, deal with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, work with the doctors to make sure you get full treatment, and fight to ensure you receive maximum compensation. We will explain complex issues in clear language so you will always understand what you are up against and what steps we will follow to resolve your case. If you have been involved in a car accident and sustained personal injuries, contact Bowman & Chamberlain, LLC, today.
If you have been involved in a Denver car accident, call us at 720.863.6904 or email us for your free consultation. Our lawyers handle a wide range of cases, including Car Accidents, Bicycle Accidents, Bike Accidents, Motorcycle Collisions, Pedestrian Accidents, Slip and Fall Accidents, Dog Bite Accidents, and any other form of personal injury in Arvada, Aurora, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Commerce City, Lakewood, Littleton, Thornton, Westminster, Wheat Ridge, and other parts of metropolitan Denver, Colorado.